With en entire month of sunshine behind us no one’s calling us Raincouver anymore! But as you all know Vancouver is a city that is constantly changing whether it be the culture, the city itself with its never-ending construction, or of course, the weather. So here are my suggestions for the top attraction in Vancouver to suit every season!
• The beach! Vancouver is home to over 10 fantastic beaches and the city recently placed in the Top Beach Cities in the National Geographic! For family fun I would suggest Kits Beach, which contains a playground, swimming pool, volleyball nets and more! More adventurous types may choose Wreck Beach, which is North America’s largest clothing-optional beach. For more information some of the Vancouver’s famous beaches are listed here.
• It’s back to the rainy season but not to worry! Vancouver has tons of inside attractions to fit every style! Animal lovers should scurry on over the Vancouver Aquarium to catch a peek of our newest denizens at Penguin Point or teleport over to a warmer place in the Tropic Zone! Travellers should also be sure to check out Granville Island during harvest season. Come hungry, because there are tonnes of local delicacies to try as well as unique arts and crafts!
• While Whistler is the main draw for snow bunnies during this chilly season Vancouverites know that some of the best attractions are only available during the holidays. One of my personal favourites is the Hot Chocolate Festival, which occurs annually from mid-January to mid-February at various locations throughout the city! And of course there’s the Robson Square ice rink, perfect for finishing off a romantic evening or enjoying a night out with the family. Finally, be sure to check out the Vancouver Christmas Market just steps away from our hotel!
• One of Vancouver’s most beautiful seasons, like Japan, we have cherry blossom trees planted throughout the city, which bloom and fall like pink snow in April. To celebrate this event make sure you take part in the Vancouver Cherry Blossom Festival, an attraction not to be missed! Many of Vancouver’s most prestigious Japanese restaurants also take part by placing a special sakura bento on their menus only during this special event!
That wraps it up for this post! Enjoy Vancouver whenever you decide to visit!
- Jennifer, Social Media and Marketing Intern